Magic mushroom connoisseurs will tell you that if there is a perfect match for magic mushrooms, this would be chocolate. Shrooms have exciting, out of this world effects and when combined with chocolate, you get a sensational experience that you won’t find in any chocolate combination. In fact, the use of magic mushrooms in chocolate has been done for many generations. It’s no wonder it has become one of the most favorite combinations till this day. And to prove how easy it is to use magic mushrooms with chocolate, here are three of the easiest magic mushroom chocolate recipes.
Important things to remember when cooking, or baking, with magic mushrooms
When it comes to dosage, use the normal raw dose per magic mushroom. Evenly distribute this dose to the food or pastry you are making. For instance, if you are making one chocolate bar which will be shared with two people then take two doses of magic mushrooms and evenly distribute it throughout the entire bar. You will be creating one bar which is good for two people or two doses if you don’t want to share.
Another important thing to remember is that magic mushrooms contain a chemical called psilocybin. This is the chemical that causes the psychoactive effects in magic mushrooms. Psilocybin can break down easily when this is exposed to high temperatures. Avoid this by never placing your shrooms in any very hot surfaces or substance.
Magic Mushroom Chocolate Bar Recipe
In this recipe, you need thoroughly dried magic mushrooms. You can either dry mushrooms by yourself or you can purchase dried shrooms products. And despite being dry, you must still keep these away from extreme heat; otherwise, you will only end up with mushrooms with very little to no effect at all.
Here are things you need
- Very dry or thoroughly died magic mushrooms
- Bars of your favorite chocolate bar preferably pure chocolate, no nuts, raisins, marshmallows, etc.
- A glass bowl
- A large saucepan
- A sharp knife
- Chocolate bar molds or any shape that you want to use
- Dry your magic mushrooms thoroughly. If you can, buy completely dried products so you can use these as soon as you get home.
- Cut your dried mushrooms in small, equal pieces using a very sharp knife. You may also use a pair of scissors to cut your dried mushrooms.
- Break the chocolate bars into very small pieces. Use a sharp knife or a pair of scissors. Place these small pieces of chocolate in a glass bowl.
- Place water in a moderately-deep saucepan. Place the glass bowl filled with cut out chocolate bars in the middle of the saucepan.
- Place the pan on a stove with low or very low heat. As the water boils, this will heat the glass bowl and use a spatula to help break down the chocolate bits.
- Continue to stir the liquid chocolate until all the chocolate bits have melted.
- Remove the pan from the heat source and allow this to cool for a few seconds.
- Now add the ideal amounts of cut dried magic mushrooms.
- Stir the melted chocolate to distribute the mushrooms into the entire chocolate bar.
- Pour the melted chocolate into molds. If you don’t have molds, place the chocolate in a baking tray.
- Allow the chocolate to set by leaving it on your countertop. After a few minutes, cut them out or remove from the baking tray. Use a knife to cut the chocolate pieces.
- Store your chocolate in the fridge inside microwaveable containers. Now you have your very own version of a magic mushroom chocolate mix.
Magic Mushroom Chocolate Bar from Scratch Recipe
If you don’t have chocolate handy or you just want to make your own chocolate, follow this simple recipe with very simple materials.
Here are things you need
- Dried magic mushrooms
- 2 cups of cocoa powder
- A cup of unsalted butter
- ¼ cup of sugar
- 2/3 cups of water
- ¼ cup of powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- A large saucepan
- A large knife
- A sieve
- Mixing molds
- Mixing bowl.
- Place water in a saucepan and heat it till it simmers.
- As your water simmers, chop the dried mushrooms up. If your mushrooms are not yet completely dried, dry it properly first.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the cocoa powder and butter to make a paste. Place the cocoa and butter mix in the hot water. Continue heating the water until it simmers once more.
- Remove the mixture from the heat source and place this in a mixing bowl. Leave this to cool.
- In a separate mixing bowl, use a sieve to sift your sugar and salt.
- Add the sifted sugar and salt in the hot chocolate bowl.
- Stir the mixture slowly and then add the milk. Continue to stir.
- Now it’s time to add your cut magic mushrooms. Stir the mixture again to distribute the shrooms evenly in the chocolate mixture.
- Pour the liquid chocolate in molds and place these inside the fridge or leave it on your kitchen counter to set.
Magic Mushroom Hot Chocolate Drink
If you want to drink it hot, combine thoroughly dried magic mushrooms, sugar, cocoa powder and salt in a mixing bowl. Place this dry mixture in an airtight container. To make a piping hot chocolate beverage, place a cup of milk in the microwave. Stir in two tablespoons of this chocolate mixture.
Let the mushrooms steep in the mixture for five minutes before drinking. You will be swallowing small chunks of shrooms so this will be a very potent beverage. You may also add marshmallows or whipped cream to turn your drink into a fun beverage.
Aside from using magic mushrooms to make chocolates, you may also add mushrooms to other kitchen concoctions like pastries, cakes, cookies and more. Just remember to use only the best quality dried magic mushrooms in every recipe.
Experience the other ways to enjoy magic mushroom goodness! Check out these mind-blowing edible mushrooms made just for you!