One of the earliest known magic mushrooms used for spiritual usage. Mexicana cubensis was used by the Central American’s, in particular, the Axtecs for at least 2000 years. It is native to Mexico, Nicaragua, Guatemala, Belize and Costa Rica. The Aztecs consumed them for their entheogenic properties.
Mexicana Mushrooms Dosage Guide
0.1g - 0.25g
0.25g - 1g
1g - 2.5g
2.5g - 4g
4g - 5.5g
- The above dosage chart is just meant as a rough guideline. Many variables such as tolerance, metabolism, experience, diet, weight, current medications, state of mind can all have a profound effect on dosage.
- Method of ingesting the psilocybin magic mushrooms can change the dosage. Mushroom tea, mushroom edibles, lemon tek.
- We have a magic mushroom dosage calculator for you to check out as well.
Mexicana cubensis containing psilocybin for discreet delivery in Canada
Swiss chemist, Albert Hofmann on a trip to Central America learned of this variety, and its rich history and learned to isolate psilocybin and psilocin for the first time. Albert Hofman was also responsible for the isolation as LSD as well, often coining him as the Godfather of modern-day psychedelics.
The cap can vary in size from .5-3 cm with the cap being brownish to deep orange/brown. Once drying, the colour will change to a yellowish tinge.
Gills are a pale gray but can become purplish and blueish with white edges upon spore maturation. But darken substantially when dry.
Stems range from 40 to 125 mm in length, by 1 to 3 mm in thickness. Thin stem thickness is often an identifying factor when looking at the Mexicana cubensis.
Spores are quite dark and purplish normally but can vary to brown and blackish.
Mexicana has a strong, rich, spiritual hit that can take users on a journey. It is known for high levels of psilocybin and baeocystin. Mexicana is known for a shorter, quick trip that peaks heavy in the first hour or two. It tapers off at the end, but still lasts for most people a total of 6-8 hours, although effects diminish quickly towards the duration curve. This differs from many magic mushrooms for sale at Shrooms Direct.
Effects are quite uplifting, cerebral and enlightening – great for a spiritual ride like the Aztecs.
5 Ways to Take Your Magic Mushrooms
- Just open the packaging that the shrooms arrive it, and eat them as is.
- Will take approximately 45 minutes for perceived therapeutic effects to be felt (depending on strain)
- The less you eat beforehand the better.
- Eating especially a high fat meal before hand can delay or diminish the results.
- taking shrooms in the form of tea will soften the awful taste for most people.
- chop, crush, or blend (just tap the pulse button a couple of times) and place in a tea bag, or in the bottom of the cup.
- Bring the water to a light boil. Let it sit for a minute, then pour in your cup or teapot.
- Let it sit for 20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Strain, and enjoy!
- We have bagged shroom tea ready for you to enjoy as well.
- Many people look to add magic mushrooms to their food. This can be a good, or bad idea.
- Avoid adding the mushrooms during any cooking stage
- Ex. baking the shrooms on top a pizza. Rehydrating the shrooms and sautéing them. Both will result in damaging the psilocybin, and degrading the medical benefits.
- Do grind them up and put on top of your food after the cooking process.
- If you prefer, we have many edibles already made. Our favourites are psilo gummies.
- capsules are a great way to get a lower, “microdose” of psilocybin.
- Experience psilocybin, and it’s benefits, without losing the day.
- Using just a grinder, you can make your very own microdose shroom capsules.
- Don’t be overwhelmed. This is quite quick and easy to do.
- Psychonaut’s claim the acidic property of the lemon aids in breaking down the psilocybin. This makes for an more intense spiritual journey!
- We recommend starting with HALF the amount of shrooms you would normally.
- Simply grind up the magic mushrooms. Let them sit in a glass of pure lemon juice.
- Then just add water, and shoot it down in one go!
- If the idea of shooting down lemon tek is not appealing. We also have lemon tek gummies.